The IGniTron is a little known ecu (outside of its home in Hungary), but is an absolute gem of a product for those wanting fully mappable, non me7.5 limited tuning. NOTE: Out of stock - New stock due Mid-June.
Link to IECU Main site for Downloads:
This product is a genuine plug in replacement unit for me7.5 No adaptor looms or extra boxes required.
The IGniTron utilises factory sensors, wideband, knock, maf (or not), vvt, egt etc etc. Supports Haldex cars. Very configurable and straight forward to setup. VE based tuning, much on board data logging internally and when connected to the mapping software. User configurable sensors possible, for 4bar map sensor for example, running true mafless with MAP for load, ideal for the bigger 1.8t/stroker builds where MAFs are unreliable and inadequate. you retain factory knock sensors, and wideband afr with factory fast response not seen on any ecu for 1.8t at this price point. It really is an impressive ecu for the 1.8t
Badger 5 are the UK Sole Representatives for this ecu, using it on our bigger turbo builds as the preferred #1 choice.
Tablet view for in car monitoring, with on board data logging ability makes for all neccessary gauges available and completely configurable to suit your needs..
LIST OF FEATURES
- 1 Inductive sensor analog input (crankshaft position sensor)
- 2 Hall digital inputs (camshaft position sensors)
- 8 analog voltage inputs (air flow, manifold absolute pressure, exhaust gas temperature, throtthe position, throtle pedal, user sensors, ...)
- 3 analog resistance inputs (intake air temperature, engine coolant temperature, oil temperature, ...)
- 9 digital inputs 4 of them with frequency counter and pulse width detection (clutch switch, brake switch, AC compressor, speed signal, ...)
- 2 piezoelectric knock sensor inputs
- 1 wideband lambda sensor
- Up to 8 high impedance injectors (dual stage injection up to 4 cylinders)
- Automatic pulse width calculation based on volumetric efficiency (20x20), IAT, MAP, target lambda (12x8), injector size and latency
- Min. 0.004 ms resolution for 4 cylinders, min. 0.005 ms for 6 cylinders
- Simultaneous calculations for two different fuels and blending them real time in any ratio (flexible fuel support)
- Timing of injection start, center or endpoint
- Actual volumetric efficiency is determined by "Alpha-N/Speed Density" method or by the signal of Mass Air Flow sensor or any combinations (in any ratio) of these
- Volumetric efficiency adaptation (self learning) according to the measured air flow
- Corrections (12x8) for transient load, intake air temperature, engine coolant temperature, exhaust gas temperature, manifold absolute pressure (16x16), fuel temperature, fuel rail pressure, cylinder selective corection
- Correction and adaptation to actual lambda value (short term and long term fuel trims)
- Dead time compensation depending on battery voltage
- Deceleration fuel cut off
- Up to 6 Coil On Plug (logic level) channels, supporting wasted spark configurations
- Dwell with battery voltage and engine load compensation
- Ignition advance tables (20x20) for two different fuels and blending them real time in any ratio (flexible fuel support)
- 0.1 degree resolution, min. 0.24 degree accuracy at 10000 RPM with 4 cylinders
- Corrections (12x8) for transient load, intake air temperature, engine coolant temperature, exhaust gas temperature, actual lambda, camshafts position, gear number, cylinder selective correction
- Cylinder selective knock retard
- Long term adaptation of knock retard
- Open loop or closed loop control (PID controller)
- Regulation of ignition advance, injection amount and throttle position (idle air)
- Long term throttle position (idle air) adaptation
- Anti stall throttle
- Up to 4 real time switchable boost maps (12x8) for two different fuels (flexible fuel support)
- Open loop or closed loop control (PID controller with programmable integrator limits)
- Requested boost limits depending on intake air temperature, engine coolant temperature, exhaust gas temperature, vehicle speed signal
- Gear selective boost control
- Turbo bypass solenoid ("N249") support
- Fuel tank ventilation (EVAP)
- Secondary air injection
- Continued coolant circulation pump drive
- Coolant fan control
- Electronic thermostat control
- EGAS (electronic throttle)
- A/C disable on high load
- Gear detection
- Gear selective revolution limiting by ignition cut or retard, fuel cut, throttle closing
- Launch control (even throttle position movements can be preprogrammed)
- Anti Lag System
- Traction Control
- Internal log memory (8Mb or 16Mb)
- Fault code memory
- CAN bus support
- VW/Audi CAN protocol emulation (up to V4.1.3)
- OBD-II compatible (ISO 15765-4 CAN 11/500kbit)
Ignitron ECU comes with a host software running on the Windows platform. The ECU is connected to the PC/notebook or tablet via USB. Its user interface is simple, but effective. Do not expect any fancy eye catching graphics as in our understanding performance is more important than the looks! The host will run happily on a slow and old machine with Windows XP, even on the cheapest Windows tablet you can find (and can carry with yourself or permanently mount in your car)!
This application (which is of course a free download) can be used to set up the ECU and diagnose the engine. Loading a completely new settings file up into the ECU takes about 20 seconds, but if you change just a few parameters or maps, then the refresh takes a fraction of a second only. Hundreds of available variables and parameters can be recorded simultaneously during data logging. Forthcoming free ECU firmware upgrades are also vailable from within the host application.
Go to the downloads section to get the demo version.
The host software of Ignitron ECU requires a personal computer (notebook or tablet) with Windows XP or Windows 7 operating system. On XP it is happy with at least 512Mb memory and 1Ghz CPU, on Windows 7 (and above) it works best with at least 1Gb of memory and 2Ghz+ CPU. Windows 8.x and Windows 10 are also supported, though additional fine tuning is needed for these platforms (which is on progress), for the time being we recommend Windows 7. Minimum screen resolution is 1024x600 pixels.